Past Motor Specs

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Past Motor Specs
From: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 15:18:43 -0500
I asked this on the autocross list but didn't get any good replies. Is
there an online resource for the past specifications of light truck
motors and/or transmissions. We are shopping for a used truck for our
SCCA region and we want to gather HP and torque data for engines and
gearing for transmissions from the last decade or so.

Second where would I find people's opinions and experience regarding the
best or worst engines and transmissions for durability, reparability and
towing duty?

Thanks
Jon