RE: Adjustable reamers

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Adjustable reamers
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 17:46:39 -0800
> > Yours must be better made than my Indian set then ... I
> wouldn't call mine
> > suitable for use under any circumstances except dire need.  Perhaps it's
> > just because my machine tools aren't rigid enough to take a cut
> on just one
> > blade and keep any kind of reasonable accuracy.
>
> Mostly, they're crap. I was trying to avoid saying that the
> first time :-)

And I was agreeing with what you weren't saying !

Like many cheap tools, one could probably make a decent set of reamers out
of the parts found in the kit.  But perhaps not, since the blades I got are
too narrow for the slots in the body and tend to rock unless you reef down
on the adjusting collars until they distort.

Randall