Re: Adjustable reamers

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Adjustable reamers
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:42:52 -0800 (PST)
I've had a set of Indian-made adjustable reamers in my shop
for a decade or more. I don't know about Eastwood's, but
mine are not a hand tool - they are only suitable for use in
a properly set up workpiece in a reasonably rigid machine tool
(milling machine or lathe, depending on what you're doing).

Ah. I see the Eastwood kit, and it looks just like mine.

These really aren't suitable for hand use - you'll get oval
holes. Been there, done that. They might do the job for, say
taking very light cuts from a rocker shaft bushing to get
the fit just so...