Re: Car wheel dollies

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Car wheel dollies
From: "Rand E" <rande@planetkc.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 22:40:21 -0600
The current Harbor Freight ad has them listed for $39.99 / pair.  Item #
32052

I bought a two pair a couple years ago.  I wish I would have saved my money.
They don't roll too well when loaded.  It took a LOT of effort to move my
MR2 Turbo.  They aren't too bad if you move the car in a straight line but
didn't seem to want to turn very well.  The cast iron wheels are small and
not real smooth. It was easier to just use a floor jack to lift the car and
turn it around.

They do work good for tire dollies.  :)

Randy Eickhoff
rande@planetkc.com
www.planetkc.com/rande
MR2's:  00Spyder, 91T,  86NA,  88SC,  85NA>SC project
MR2 Parts list:    www.planetkc.com/rande/parts/mr2parts.htm