Re: Air Tools Lubricating

To: "Shop-Talk" <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Air Tools Lubricating
From: "Elton Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 13:33:05 -0600
Bob wrote:

> I got one of those HF "FRL" (Filter, Regulate, Lubricate) units which
supplies
> oil automatically to air-powered tools.  What is the (approximate)
rate--in drops
> per second (very scientific ;)--that the L should supply oil to the tools?

I can't answer Bob accurately but I'm glad for the thread . . I have an
Ingersol-Rand pneumatic chain hoist with pneumatic trolley transport.  The
operators information I downloaded call for "light spindle oil" as the
lubricant and I had a tussle finding _that_, finally got a gallon from ENCO.
Both my ENCO FRL unit _and_ my IR hoist warns that the lube must not be one
that might attack the plastic components of the FRL _or_ the hoist.  Does
anyone know about that?   Also, will it be good running the lubed air
through conventional air hose to the hoist?

I 'preciate any input,
Tony in Texas