Re: Cordless tools......

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Cordless tools......
From: "Steve Dillen" <sdillen@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 07:58:26 -0700
Yet 2 more cents...

When my Makita 9.6v finally bit the dust, I narrowed my replacement choices
to the Bosch 14.4 (brute tough) and the Makita 14.4.  I didn't care for the
extra weight of the 18v units, and have found that the 14.4s have much more
power than I would have expected.  I ultimately bought the Bosch because I
liked the general feel of it better...that and the fact that I tend to drop
tools and it's sold as being "unbreakable".  Actually, so far it is!

This last summer I built a cedar deck on the back of my house and used my
14.4 and my neighbor's Makita 14.4 to drive some 4000 screws.  The bosch is
definitely heavier than the Makita, but after using both for days on end, I
think I made the right decision...it just feels better to me.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the name brand units out there
these days.

Steve Dillen.