Re: cutting torch or??

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: cutting torch or??
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 20:47:26 -0700
> Sawzall and circular saw with metal  cutting blades work, but are
> expensive to use, and ugly , noisy work.

Yeah, I've done the Sawzall number.

> cutting torch?  what specs do I want?
> can I use the same torch for general work?

Probably the right choice, but I don't have one.

> Plasma cutter? expensive?

I tried mine, the problem being it doesn't work very consistently on
double-wall panels and the like; you find you've cut through the outer
skin and notched the inner structure but haven't severed it, and can't
get in there to finish the job.  At least with a Sawzall you know you're
getting 6-9in of cutting depth.

> dynamite?, prolly not,   ires the neighbors.

Well, with proper preparation you can just launch the entire vehicle
into someone else's yard...

John.