Re: Trailer Floor

To: "john matthews" <john__matthews@hotmail.com>, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Trailer Floor
From: David Cole <dgcole01@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:55:59 -0500
I have a 28' enclosed race car trailer.  Bought it about 2 yrs ago with a
bare plywood floor.  I went to Lowe's and bought a couple gallons of
two-part epoxy garage floor paint.  Laid down a couple of coats and the
stuff is tough as nails.   Looks good too.  I went with a medium gray, but
you cab get it tinted as well.  Also had a can of non-slip additive (ground
up pumice)

I've spilled methanol (my fuel of choice and also of most kart racers),
gas, trans fluid etc. on it.  Nothing hurts it.  Cheaper and holds up
better than anything other than $$$ diamond tread aluminum.  From what I've
seen the vinyl tiles don't hold up that well in a trailer.  The trailer
flexes a bit and the hot/cold cycles tend to make them lose their grip
within a year or so.

Later,
David Cole