RE: oil change

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: oil change
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 22:23:05 -0700
At 09:34 PM 9/14/2004, Randall wrote:

> > Amsoil _IS_ really good at "flim-flam" promotion . .

   I used to say that also, would look at their website and wonder how
often I would drop a ball bearing from 4ft into my motor and told any one
that would listen about their snake oil.

  Then I purchased a Victory motorcycle and joined the Victory club.  The
Vic motorcycles have a gear driven primary that is quite noisy,
disturbingly noisy in fact.  And people in the club swear by Amsoil to
quieten the motor.  I tried Vic oil which in a "blend", I tried Castrol
Motorcycle oil, I tried Mobil V-Twin oil and finally gave in to everyones
advice and put in Amsoil, guess what, the primary noise was drastically
reduced the thing also runs cooler (air cooled motor).

  I still wont put Amsoil in my cars but it sure does something, not sure
what and some Vics have over 100,000 miles on them so it does not appear to
be harmful.

         mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/