Re: Homemade Kwiklift

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Homemade Kwiklift
From: "Elton Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 01:18:34 -0500
Someone wrote of learning to weld:

> I found the best way is to just do it and practice.<

I heartily disagree.  It is possible that someone could eventually become a
competent welder with only a book and practice but the discipline and
guidance one gets from a good certified welder in a training course will
knock years off the process and eliminate the huge number of botched jobs
that result from trial and error.  One can stick metal together the first
day but "welding" requires a knowledge of metals, materials, equipment  and
techniques  that you can painlessly learn in a well taught class.

2 cents please . .

Tony