Re: Homemade Kwiklift

To: Derek <dereklola@yahoo.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Homemade Kwiklift
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 14:12:21 -0700
At 01:35 PM 9/6/2004, Derek wrote:

>I don't understand (nothing new in that).
>
>1 - If you have to use a trolley jack anyhow why not just
>use jack stands (axle stands). Much better access without

  Well I dont know what his plans were but for me it was a quick way to do
things underneath, much quicker to drive up and get under than getting a
jack and jack stands and yet solidly strong.  The advantage of building
your own is also that you could remove the ramps and have open access under
there in half the time it would take to set up the jack.

   You are correct that it is not a great height but better than nothing
for working under the car.

   My primary reason was for chassis work BEFORE the body gets put on the
frame, it is much more comfortable to work at that height rather than bent
over.  Also a great height for doing the body work, again not bent
over.  Like I said, 4 post solved all my problems.  I have it for 4 years
and only 3 weeks ago used it to actually do under the car work, my FIAT
needed a new exhaust and also did an oil change.  GREAT TOY for that, cant
believe that I went 4 years without using it for work, just storage or
working on the chassis from the top down.

    Mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/