RE: Framing nailers : fine tuning

To: "Mullen, Tim \(IIS\)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>,
Subject: RE: Framing nailers : fine tuning
From: "Paul Mele" <paul.mele@usermail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 09:52:43 -0400
<<<It is sensitive to the air pressure - not enough, and
it doesn't drive the nail all the way, and too much and the nail goes in
too far - don't know if this can be adjusted, but I just practiced on a
scrap of wood until I got it right.

I've gotten "double nails", but this happens if I don't hold the nail
gun firmly to the wood, or the wood is free to move.>>

My Stanley/Bostitch does the same
my solution was to use a pressure regulator; test on scraps of the same kind
of wood (hardness), and adjust the pressure regulator for proper
penetration.