pendant light fixture help?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: pendant light fixture help?
From: Scott Hall <scott.hall@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 14:23:18 -0400
so we're buttoned up and waiting for what looks more and more to be a
non-event, and I've got time to start all those projects I've been meaning
to get to.

one of them is replacing a light fixture for my wife.  it's one of those
'lights on cords'/pendant things.  when you see them in stores and
restaurants, the cords are always straight, but they come coiled in the
box.  so when you hang them the cords are wavy.

you can see the general idea here:
http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=164684-24969-800PND1BLN

anybody do this before and know how to get the cords straight?

thanks.

scott