Re: covenants (Part 2)

To: "Steve Shipley" <shiples@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: covenants (Part 2)
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kradicke@wishboneclassics.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 14:27:47 -0400
My neighbor's four year old boy is the devil himself, he is never supervised
and has damaged my cars by beating on them with toys and rocks.  Of course
the police could not do anything, "no one saw it" (even though I chased the
kid out from between my cars, I just did not see him hitting them with the
rocks... but I saw all the rocks on the ground) and the parents would not
claim responsibility for their little trouble maker either.  Perhaps, as
with getting a license to drive cars, potential parents should have to
obtain a permit and take out insurance for any damage their child causes
until they are 18.  (I'm not serious about that, but if you don't want your
kids, you should be responsible for what they do)

I am not unreasonable though, Bob Kegel's post about Seattle's junk car
laws, seem quite satisfactory.  I am in favor of keeping front yards clean
and eyesore free, but what goes on in your garage and back yard (especially
when fenced in) is your own business not your neighbors (unless you're
dumping oil into the sewer or something).

And here is a new one just this summer.  It seems that prefabricated open
fire / barbecue pits are all the rage in my neighborhood now, my neighbors
even bought one.  Well, I woke up the other day to find my driveway and all
four cars in it, covered with a layer of gray ash... guess the wind was
blowing my way, but I was still pissed.  Absolutely zero respect or general
concern for your neighbors.

Like I said, where is my quality of life?  Some of my neighbor's wives are
eyesores that should not be allowed to bend over in their gardens, so why
should I be limited with how I enjoy my hobby?

My TR6 does not leave toys in the street, does not dump ash on other
people's cars, does not make noise like the thud-thud-thud of a basketball
for hours, and more importantly, I have yet to figure out how my TR6 can
indecently expose itself while gardening in view of the public.

Kai

--
Kai M. Radicke
Wishbone Classics