using a tow dolly

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: using a tow dolly
From: John Niolon <JNiolon@uss.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 12:54:01 -0500
I've got to take a car down state and leave it  for my daughter .  An S-10
blazer to be towed by a Tahoe.  I plan on borrowing a tow dolly... backing
the blazer up on the rig and towing with the rear wheels off the ground...
Of course the brakes will be off and I plan on strapping the steering wheel
in the straight position...  any other tips/hints/warnings that I might
need to know...  Ive only done this once before and it was years ago on a
front wheel drive vehicle...  I can't imagine that towing  a rear wheel
drive car would be different as long as the steering wheel is cinched down
tight inside....

I guess most states require towed vehicle lights hooked up like trailer
lights right ???

thanks

joh

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession...
I've come to realize that it  bears a very close resemblance to the first