The Floor is Poured!

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: The Floor is Poured!
From: Eric@megageek.com
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:07:30 -0400
Well, yesterday's rain storm forced a bunch of cancelations and my mason
showed up to pour my floor in the shop!!!

2500 sq ft, 6" deep @ 4000psi.  I should be able to bring my crawler in
there soon!!  8>0

I'm pretty excited, after 3 years, this shop is coming together!

I'm also running 400 amp service to the house and splitting 200 amps for
the house, 200 amps for the shop.  3 phase was way to expensive.

I ran some conduit in the floor of the shop so I can have power at tables
without wires hanging for the ceiling.

I want to note, my contractor is from Peru and his whole team (15 guys) do
everything by hand.  The floating was all done by hand (they finished at
11:30pm!)  That's one hard working bunch. Mirror finish.

I leave Friday for 2 weeks with my rich Uncle Sam (Army).  Once I get back,
I'll be looking into finishing options.  My mason recommended a Sherman
Williams 2 part epoxy product.  Anyone have any feedback?

BTW, when the concrete company heard the specs of the floor, their response
was, "I didn't know they were putting a new airport in!"  I guess there is
not much call for think, strong floors anymore.

Inch
http://megageek.com

 "Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war,
for a lead role in a cage?"  R Waters.