Re: hp -> Watts?

To: "Mark Andy" <mark@sccaprepared.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: hp -> Watts?
From: "Mark and Susan Miller" <marknsuz@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 15:22:31 -0700
Many good answers regarding startup needs for the motor already came in.

I wanted to mention what I did for a similar situation.  I bought a 12VDC
battery backed up sump pump that mounts above the main pump.  When power is
on the main pump does the work.  When the power is out the level rises until
the backup pump kicks in.  If the power is out for a long time you can use
the generator to recharge the backup's battery.

Mark Miller

Mark Andy asked: