GOOD Two-Line Cordless Phones?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: GOOD Two-Line Cordless Phones?
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kai@radiohead.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 20:53:29 -0400
So for the guys with cordless phones in their shops, two-line versions
especially, what brands and models have you had the most luck with?

I have a Panasonic cordless system right now, durability has been horrible
and battery life of the cordless units is now in the 30 second per use
range!  The unit is less than a year old and I realized it was junk about a
month after I bought it.  The first time I dropped the handset on the shop
floor the external antenna popped off and it has never fit right since.

The reviews on Amazon aren't real kind to any cordless phone, every phone
seems to have a very even mix of love it / hate it messages.  So it is hard
to make a definitive choice.  I also don't want to waste my time with
buying -> trying -> returning phones to my local stores.

What about the choices between 900 MHz, 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz frequencies?

Thanks,

Kai