Re: Straight Line ripper for 16' rough sawn lumber

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Straight Line ripper for 16' rough sawn lumber
From: "Brian C. Kennedy" <kennedybc@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 18:59:47 -0400
Dunno if it'll help, but I nail a 1/4 x 1 1/2",  after making sure it's
straight with a chalk line, to a 3/4 x 6" x as long as you want. Using it as
a guide I cut the 3/4 x 6. Then I spring clamp the whole business to a piece
of plywood, e.g., and it makes a good, cheap guide.   I usually use three
clamps, so I can move them to get started and finished. I suppose if you
need more depth, you could use something thinner that 3/4".
Brian