Re: Lifting cars (Was: Gantry cranes....a follow-up)

To: <orphancars@direcway.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lifting cars (Was: Gantry cranes....a follow-up)
From: "Mark and Susan Miller" <marknsuz@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 20:45:57 -0700
> http://www.kwiklift.com/
> Wondering if anyone has built something similar or seen plans
> to build?  Kwiklift wants $1000 ~ $1300, and I know my materials
> cost would be significantly under that (steel, misc. bolts and
> spray bombs).
>
> Ideas, anyone?

I always thought it would be great to have one of those drive on ramp things
they often have at car dealers: you drive on the ramp and get the car about
3 feet off the ground.  Look fairly easy to make, for someone with the
equipment and the knowledge on how to use it!  I would recommend going to a
dealer or three and make notes/take pictures.

Mark Miller
heavy on ideas, light on capability and execution