RE: lawn tractor advice needed

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: lawn tractor advice needed
From: "Gordie's Garage" <mg_garage@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 22:29:32 -0500
I too can't speak to all of your needs, but here's my experience.
I bought a wheelhorse 12hp manual 18yrs ago after blowing up my 8hp
wheelhorse due to lack of owner maintenance (no oil).
I'd agree 100% with Derek except for the snow blade thing.  I have a 130' x
30' drive and have plowed with my 42" blade every year with no problems.  I
have chains but no extra weights.  Like someone else said, when it's deeper
it takes longer.  I live in Michigan.
Sounds like you take care of your lawn similar to mine (1 acre) and my 42"
deck has been sufficient to have a beer or two while mowing.
Oh, btw, I bought my wheelhorse just before toro took over, so no telling
what is available now.  I have a Kohler engine, and just last fall changed
my transaxle oil for the first time.  I've religiously changed my engine oil
every fall and spring since new.  Never a problem except an occasional new
plug and have been through 2 batteries.
hth

Safety Fast!
Gordie Bird