Re: lawn tractor advice needed

To: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: lawn tractor advice needed
From: Dave C <cavanadd@kendra.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 18:51:06 -0800
At 02:14 PM 3/12/2004 -0500, Mark Andy wrote:
>Ok, the land where my shop will be currently has grass on it that needs to
>be mowed... :-)

I did quite a bit of research last year before buying my wife a riding
mower.  Everyone I talked to and everything I read on the Web told me to
stay away from the mass marketed models sold at Sears, Home Depot, Lowes,
etc, ESPECIALLY the manual transmission models, which are a nightmare of
belts, pulleys, etc.  After a lot of looking I settled on a Kubota
hydrostatic model.  What finally sold me on it (and convinced me to spend
the extra bucks) was the one at work.  I was the maintenance manager at a
seaport/marina, and we have a LOT of landscaping to take care of.  Most of
the work is done by summer help, high school and college students.  One of
the riding mowers we have is a 10 year old Kubota hydro, the direct
ancestor of my mower.  I talked to the vehicle mechanic, and he said he had
zero problems with it.  If the kids can't tear it up, I doubt if my wife can.

Besides, the 30 hp diesel New Holland with the bush hog tore the grass up
too much.
Dave C