RE: Tool inventory

To: <w.farrington@verizon.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tool inventory
From: <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 17:14:24 -0500
Wayne Farrington [mailto:w.farrington@verizon.net] wrote:

> I'm struggling a bit with how to value each of these items
> on the inventory list. If I buy a power tool on sale, do I
> put the sale price or the regular retail price?

This is something I need to do too...   I would think that
digital pictures of each drawer would be a good idea - I may
have to start doing that (if I can ever organize my tools
to actually get them all back in the drawers).

I would list "normal" price, not the sale price.  Three
fourths of my tools have been bought on sale, but I'm
insuring them for replacement.  I can't wait another thirty
years for everything to come back on sale.  The insurance
should cover what it is going to cost to go out and buy
the stuff *now* to get back to normal.

Tim Mullen