Re: Disk brake problem - long and boring !!

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Disk brake problem - long and boring !!
From: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 12:55:13 -0600
Wow - what an article !!  Makes me glad to hear that he too has never seen a
warped brake disk.  And it makes lots of sense that most disks with decent
modern metallurgy WON'T have hard and soft spots as a regular feature, and
so they should all wear evenly.

I believe that is what Tire Rack was trying to say - in their kind of
backwards words.

Thanks a million - this at least makes me feel better about it, knowing that
the break-in is more important than ever.  Of course I thought I followed
the break-in instructions, particularly on my high-$$ Greenstuff pads and
Brembo rotors, but maybe not closely enough.

Also explains why the old-style Raybestos Brute-Stop pads didn't ruin rotors
but the new-technology Raybestos Quiet-Stops do.

Thanks again.

Karl