tools on wheels

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: tools on wheels
From: Ron Horwitz <ronglue@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 06:57:03 -0800 (PST)
I have some tools - table saw, grinder on pedestal,
etc - that I would like to be able to store under a
work bench and then bring out when needed.  The only
way that my pea brain can think of to do this is to
weld a nut onto the base or legs of the tools, then
thread a long bolt through the nut and attach a caster
to the end of the bolt.  Tighten the bolt will lower
the casters and allow the unit to slide, then loosen
the bolt and the casters would retract to give a solid
base again.

Is there a Better Way?

Thanks,
Ron