RE: Powder Coating Question

To: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Powder Coating Question
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:07:11 -0800
>Wow.  For that kind of time and money, seems like it would make more sense
>to build a custom oven.  Rob the elements and thermostat out of a discarded
>electric kitchen oven, build a frame of EMT (bolted would be fine), add some

  I thought of that also...but in reality on a car, there are hundreds
(thousands) of small parts that can be powdercoated and only a few really
big ones.  I chose the paint most of the really big ones and powder only 2
of them.  I would have taken the frame to a shop for powder coating if i
wanted it done.

   Even a normal sized wheel will fit in large thrown away kitchen oven.

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/