Battery tools, which brand?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Battery tools, which brand?
From: "Larry list account" <list@marketvalue.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 10:08:35 -0700
I know this is a 'personal' issue, much like the Chevy vs. Ford rivalry (or
should I say MG vs. Triumph?).  However I suspect that there are some brands
you want to avoid and others you would put in the good/acceptable range.  I
have the old Makita 9v system and have had good success with them for years.
Now it is time to buy for my son as a Christmas present.  I would like a
system that will be around for years; one my son can add to with other
compatible tools as he sees fit. I figured that I'd poll this group first.

Some of the brands I've seen sold locally are: Makita, Skill, Black &
Decker, Ryobi, Ridgid, DeWalt, and Milwaukee; maybe more.

Suggestions?

Larry Hoy