Re: gas heater vent question

To: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: gas heater vent question
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 23:16:14 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 5:39 PM
Subject: gas heater vent question

> I just finished installing a 50k btu Reznor ceiling hung heater in my
garage..
> the original plan was to run the vent pipe straight up thru the ceiling
and
> the roof..... but when I drilled the hole to locate the center of the vent
> pipe and went up into the attic... guess what ??  the vent pipe centers a
roof
> rafter.

I'd rather go through the wall.  The less I disturb the shingles the better
I like it. I also don't want any heat from the stack warming up the attic.
The attic should be as cold as possible to keep the roof as cold as
possible.  Ice damming is a bitch.

Use 45-degree elbows instead of 90-degree elbows if possible.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com
"Drifting is the synchronized swimming of auto competitions."  -Gene Bennett