Re: Cleaning old tools

To: "Shop-talk List" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cleaning old tools
From: msloane@att.net
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:58:51 +0000
In my opinion, the best way to clean rust from old tools is to use the
electrolytic method. It is easy, inexpensive, relatively quick, and (best of
all) you don't have to disassemble the tools. Do a Google search for "tool
cleaning electrolytic" or similar, and you will find detailed instructions.
The most important part of the whole thing is that you have to protect the
surface after it has been de-rusted, or it will rust quickly.

Mike