Re: homemade blasting cabinets

To: Dave Connitt <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Subject: Re: homemade blasting cabinets
From: ejrussell@mebtel.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:50:05 -0500
Quoting Dave Connitt <dconnitt@fuse.net>:

> Specifically, I am interested in the kit that TP Tools sells.
> I am planning on trying to limit the cost to about $300.00 or so. I have
> considered trying to figure out a way to use my pressurized system somehow
> but I can't figure out how to start and stop blasting any convenient way.

I've built a few blasting cabinets for myself & friends. I used the plans sold
by TipTools as a guide but didn't build any exactly as shown. I don't recall
how much I spent but I'm sure it was well under $300 - probably half that
amount.

One I built for a friend was about 6' long x 3' high x 3-4 feet deep! He used
it with a pressure blasting unit. It may have also used a foot pedal but it was
a few years ago and I have developed CRS disease (Can't Remember $hit...)

For longevity I covered the back wall of my homemade cabinets (1/2" plywood)
with a sheet of 'resist' - a rubberized sheet sold for making sandblast
stencils. If you are careful not to aim the gun at the plywood walls this may
just be overkill but it wasn't too expensive.

Eric
Mebane, NC