Gutter drain eroding concrete

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gutter drain eroding concrete
From: "Phillip Farmer" <swimmer@ccc-cable.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 15:45:56 -0500
Question for you guys.

I've just built a new shop.  The gutter drain will be exiting on the
driveway (new concrete).  Most set ups like this I've seen erode the
concrete pretty bad in a few years.

I'm considering spraying the area where the water will drain with Thompson's
water seal.  Not the whole slab.  Did that a few years ago in my carport.
Big mistake.  Easier to clean.  But when the humidity gets really high
(South Arkansas), it's a pond with condensation.

May also consider putting a plastic gutter catchy thing under the downspout
to catch major down force.

Your thoughts?

thanks,

Phillip Farmer