Re: electric frame adapters

To: "Steve Hammatt" <GSteve@hammatt.com>,
Subject: Re: electric frame adapters
From: Dave C <cavanadd@kendra.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 13:33:42 -0700
At 12:44 PM 10/19/2003 -0700, Steve Hammatt wrote:
>I've been told that someone has adapters
>to allow conversions of this type.  Anyone have
>any ideas?
>
>Also, the output shaft has no keyway and is not
>tapered; but it does have a threaded stub end.

Face mount motors are a PITA to use for any other purpose than designed,
for the reasons you describe above.  Mounting is the easier part; you could
cobble up a cradle, make a face mount adapter from a big piece of angle
iron, giving you a foot under the motor.  WW Grainger also sells mounting
cradles for face mount motors.

Adapting the shaft will be a bigger problem.  You will probably need access
to a lathe to make an adaptor.

It might be less trouble to just round up a standard motor.

Dave C