Re: Engineering Question Regarding Splined Shafts

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engineering Question Regarding Splined Shafts
From: "Mark Watson" <watsonm05@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 07:16:15 -0400
Hi,

    My speculation is that the clutch Morgan had available had 10 splines
while the transmission they chose to use with it had 15 splines so they used
this shaft to convert from one to the other?

    Just an uneducated guess.

Mark Watson
1956  Daimler Regency Mk II '104' - undergoing a slow resto
1965 Ford Falcon daily driver
plus others