RE: two ton engine crane

To: <dirtbeard@pacbell.net>
Subject: RE: two ton engine crane
From: <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 12:24:24 -0400
old dirtbeard wrote:

> > Just as a side comment, I own the "non-folding" 2-ton model.
> > By removing 5 bolts, it breaks down into 3 separate pieces
> > that stack into a smaller space (only about 30" by 10")
> > than the 'folding' model.
>
> What I liked about this one is that it basically
> is like the rigid ones, except that the legs
> telescope and use pins with clips to locate them.
> It has six wheels with the legs attached, four
> with the legs removed.
> <...>
> (although the stored floor space
> requirements for this one is larger than yours).
> But then again, it is on a wheeled platform if you
> want to move it around.

I have one of the "non-folding" engine hoists/cranes.
I'd be happy to swap it for a folding one.  Although
the folding ones take up a fixed amount of shop floor,
they are on wheels and can be moved.  My hoist on the
other hand is broken down, and since it is still quite
heavy, it occupies a substantial amount of my wall space
that it's parts are store against.  Many times, it simply
in my way.  I'd love for it to have wheels...

But owning either type is much better then trying to
rent one for a job.

Tim Mullen