RE: two ton engine crane

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: two ton engine crane
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 10:46:55 -0700
> But even at $129, it is a great buy. The legs come
> off and it all stores into a reasonably compact
> shape (about 30" by 20" floor space) that can be
> pushed up against the wall when not in use.
> Otherwise, it is a huge monster that would consume
> a parking spot in the garage.

Just as a side comment, I own the "non-folding" 2-ton model.  By removing 5
bolts, it breaks down into 3 separate pieces that stack into a smaller space
(only about 30" by 10") than the 'folding' model.  The pieces won't reliably
freestand, so I keep them tied to the wall (along with my folding trailer).
A little less convenient to break down and reassemble, but I wouldn't trade.

Randall