Re: Metal building style shop sizes/prices?

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Metal building style shop sizes/prices?
From: "Jim & Nadia Higgins" <seamus@iwaynet.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 20:01:01 -0400
Mark,

I put up a 40'X48' shop two years ago and I feel this would be a good size
for you.  I built it with 16' sidewalls and put a 14'X20' overhead door in
one endwall.  By off setting the door I could put a storage loft along one
sidewall.  I have storage and work areas under the loft.  My workbenches are
along the opposite wall.

    I use this shop for farming and can easily fit a combine in the work
area.  You could store and work on projects under the loft area and still
have two vehicles in the main area.

I had a contractor erect the builing shell (wood framed with metal sidding)
and pour the floor and I then did the electrical, insulation and finished
the walls with OSB and my final cost was about $32,000.  This is in central
Ohio west of Columbus.