Power Bleeder

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Power Bleeder
From: Diane and Roland Dudley <csx2282@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 16:36:57 -0700
I'm wondering what the consensus is on the Motive Products Power
Bleeder.

     www.MotiveProducts.com

There's a picture ad showing one in Classic Motorsports (previously
British Car) Magazine.  The price in the ad says $44.95.  The web site
shows about a half a dozen different prices for it, depending on
accessories,
but I couldn't find any there listed for $44.95.

It has one feature I like- a built in pump and pressure gauge.
Apparently
adapters for just about any type of brake reservoir are available (at an
extra cost), including ones with rectangular snap-on caps.

For reference, I currently own an EEziBleed and a MityVac.  Of the four
cars I own, the reservoir adapters that came with EEziBleed  only fit my
snake's Girling brakes.  Even though I've gotten a lot of good use out of
it,
it's nearly 15 years old and is just about shot.  And I'm tired of having

to deflate a tire to a pressure low enough to operate it without blowing
off the
reservoir adapter cap, then having to re-inflating the tire when I'm
done.

As for the MityVac, I don't much care for it.  After a couple of uses,
the rubber
tubes that fit over the bleeder valves tend to stretch and not seal very
well.  On
top of that, the catcher container is so light that it tends to tip over
easily and I
end up sucking brake fluid into the MityVac pump and spraying it all over
the
place.  Also,  I prefer pressure to vacuum bleeding and flushing.  It
just seems
to work better.

If any of you own a Power Bleeder or have used one, I'd be interested in
your comments.

TIA,

Roland