RE: bearing packing tool?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: bearing packing tool?
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 16:52:32 -0700
> I never felt that I got enough grease in the bearing trying
> to back it by hand.

I must be missing something, perhaps someone can explain ... my technique is
to get a layer of grease on my left hand, and grip the roller/inner race
assy in my right hand, then use the edge of the cage to scoop up the grease.
It will start to ooze out between the rollers, and eventually come out the
far end between the cage and the inner race.  Then I shift to a new grip and
do it again, maybe 4 or 5 times, until grease is oozing out the far end all
the way around.

At that point, all of the air under the cage has been displaced by grease.
How can a machine do any better ?

Randall