Re: Overhead door choices

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Overhead door choices
From: ejrussell@mebtel.net
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 09:26:51 -0400
Quoting Marc <smarc@abs.net>:

> ...am looking for any insight
> as to one large door, or two smaller ones.

Looks like you've had least a couple of replies so far, seems like it is half
like two doors, half like one big door...

I've had both. I can't see a huge advantage to either option. My current
garage/workshop has one large door. My previous house had the two doors (but my
workshop there was in the basement).

I guess if you are more likely to put one car into the center of the area for
repairs, etc, the single large door gets the nod. If you are mostly
storing/parking cars (multiple), the two doors might be better.

The only thing I see 'against' the one big door is that they really don't seem
big enough to pass two full size cars. IIRC, the single doors are usually 16'
wide, vs two double doors at 9' each.

HTH,
Eric