Re: Inspection pit

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Inspection pit
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 11:05:35 -0700 (PDT)
>I want to put a pit about 20' long in the floor. I have digger etc so I
>can esily dig the hole, but I don't know how to go about making it safe
>to park the 7 tonne jcb on it with it collapsing. Is there a way this is
>generally done?

If you're doing this under permit, there's a good chance that you
can't do this at all - inspection pits like this are generally
illegal nowadays due to fears of combustible and poisonous gases
collecting down there.

If you're not doing it under permit, you might still be wary
of these concerns (and provide some forced ventilation at the
bottom).

chris