RE: Cleaning fouled plugs

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Cleaning fouled plugs
From: "Conrad" <conrad@conrad.uk.net>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 13:41:04 +0100
That's to everyone for the replies.

> If it's just oil-fouling, a spritz with spray-can carburetor
> cleaner will work . . how'd you foul 40 spark plugs?

Setting up the fuel injection from scratch, sitting idling too rich for
ages, that type of thing. Its fouled with carbon. Once they get like
that no amount of carb cleaner or wire brushing seems to bring them
back. I agree about the sand blasting thing, I'd want to be very sure
there is absolutely nothing left before putting it back in the engine
(motor whatever...I'm in the uk).

Looks like maybe new plugs each time is the only really good way.

Cheers,

Conrad