Re: New toy - IR 2135Ti and a couple questions.

To: Diane and Roland Dudley <csx2282@juno.com>
Subject: Re: New toy - IR 2135Ti and a couple questions.
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 21:06:31 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Diane and  Roland Dudley wrote:

> I know you're looking for something other than Craftsman, but their tools
> are guaranteed for life.  Or at least the ones I bought back in the 60's
> were.

I think nearly everyone's are.  sears is just usually lax about the 'no
abuse' policy.  the truck guys will sometimes hook you up to electrodes
for questioning before issuing a replacement.

> You may not like Craftsman, but if Sears will replace your old rachet at
> no
> charge, what have you got to lose?

heh.  endless amounts of gas, time, and precious patience dealing with the
droids.  to me that last one is enough not to go into sears unless I think
it's *really* worth it.

> As for the torque wrench, I bought a beam-type from Sears with a range of
>
> 0-600 inch-pounds.  That's only a max of 50 ft-pounds, but I've found it
> be adequate for all my low torquing needs.  I don't recall what I paid
> for it ,other than feeling that the price was quite reasonable.  I know
> it
> was way cheaper than the higher torque click-type wrench I have.

I have a sears clicker torque wrench.  I always wonder if it's accurate,
but other than that I've got few complaints.

scott