Re: New toy - IR 2135Ti and a couple questions.

To: stuart.a.galt@boeing.com
Subject: Re: New toy - IR 2135Ti and a couple questions.
From: Diane and Roland Dudley <csx2282@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 10:28:09 -0700
I know you're looking for something other than Craftsman, but their tools
are guaranteed for life.  Or at least the ones I bought back in the 60's
were.
A few years back I broke a Sears socket while torquing down some 6-point
ARP head bolts.  The socket in question was a 12-point, which was all
I had at the time.  The only comment the sales clerk at Sears made when
I asked for a new one was, "Wow, that's a really old one!"  He replaced
it,
no questions asked.

You may not like Craftsman, but if Sears will replace your old rachet at
no
charge, what have you got to lose?

As for the torque wrench, I bought a beam-type from Sears with a range of

0-600 inch-pounds.  That's only a max of 50 ft-pounds, but I've found it
be adequate for all my low torquing needs.  I don't recall what I paid
for it ,other than feeling that the price was quite reasonable.  I know
it
was way cheaper than the higher torque click-type wrench I have.

Roland