RE: Jb weld

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Jb weld
From: "Conrad" <conrad@conrad.uk.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 18:12:28 -0000
> This probably wouldn't work very well with a Lotus aluminum
> head with the integral
> cast intake "manifolds" (runners, etc.).  The only two

Actually it's a separate 907/912 type manifold. I have lots of them so
can afford to scrap a few trying to do this.

> reasonable options would be to make an adapter plate, of weld
> and redrill for new holes.  In my experience, I wouldn't
> count on the JB Weld...

Yep, that seems to be the consensus. I'd rather try to do it somehow
without welding, I know that seems silly. Like doing stuff myself if at
all possible.

I think cutting a thread on some all rod might be the best best so far.
Might just try jb weld anyway...

Thanks for all the help everyone, any more ideas...?

Conrad