Re: Unseizing a bushing?

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Unseizing a bushing?
From: Andy Poling <andy@realbig.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 02:17:40 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 26 Dec 2002, Trevor Boicey wrote:
>    The middle-of-the-car-end bushing is seized or sticking, so it works
> but makes a horrible squawking sound when the suspension moves a lot.
[...]
>    Maybe a lube-only solution? Drop, clean, lube, replace? Drill hole,
> inject lube, replace?

A fix that I've seen work well on squeaking swaybar bushings is good old
fashioned copper based anti-sieze (the same anti-sieze you may have used on
your wheel lugs).  It stays in place over time better than most other lubes,
and seems to be effective at eliminating rubber/metal squeaks.

-Andy

72 Pantera - Rocky              91 Miata - Steve               84 RZ350 - Sting