Garage door openers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Garage door openers
From: Eric@megageek.com
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 17:39:04 -0500
A few weeks ago, I posted a question about garage door opener options.

well, after lots of research, I found a great answer.

http://www.qkits.com/serv/qkits/diy/pages/QK180.asp

It's a 4 channel rolling UHF transmitter/ receiver unit.  I hooked this up
to my doors and in minutes, I had WAY better range, 4 buttons on a remote
(which is very small) and the ability to have transmitters all over the
place. (i.e. in the dozer, the mower, the front end loader, cars, bikes,
etc) and they all open every door.

One note, even thought the kits states that it comes assembled, it
doesn't.  It's not a problem, took me about 15 minutes with a soldering
iron to complete.

I found that the company (while hard to get on the phone) was very
responsive, and delivered a good product at a good price.
I have no interest in this company (or in Canada, either!) 8>)

Inch
http://megageek.com

"Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage?"
R Waters.