Garage door openers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Garage door openers
From: Eric@megageek.com
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 17:40:22 -0500
Ok, I have been having some problems with my garage door openers and I
wanted to ask for some help.

If off, I have 3 openers, all with different style openers.  (one is the
old style, DIP switches,  One is a Genie, and one is a Ranyor)

Now, the old style opener seems to have the best range.

What I want to do is 2 fold...

I would like to hard wire the openers into the car's 12v system, but they
are not 12 volt openers.  My first question is, can I just hook the
openers
up to the 12 volt and hope for the best (I don't know if they would be
able
to operate in the 12 volt range, they are the small watch battery style)

My next question,

What can I do to increase the range of the openers?  Is there a method to
adjusting that damn little antenna wire?  Anything else?

Third, I asked before, but I'm not sure if I ever got an answer.

I have a 12' X 12' rollup insulated door.  I want to add an opener to it.
My local door company says that I really should use a commercial style
opener for it.  But they are $500 and it cost extra to get a remote for
it.

Where can I get an opener for this door, with a remote?  I don't mind
spending the money if I have to, but I was wondering if a consumer grade
opener with an extension kit would be enough.  (the door is almost
effortless to open by hand).

Thanks a Bunch!!

Inch
http://megageek.com

"Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage?"
R Waters.