RE: Air tank....another idea....

To: <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>, <lotus.tony@airmail.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Air tank....another idea....
From: "Gerald Brazil" <gerrybraz@voyager.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:25:50 -0500
I picked up at a surplus store a stainless steel liquid type fire
extinguisher for next to nothing. This is the type that has a squeeze
handle and a hose and is pressurized with air through a Schrader valve(a
tire valve) in the top. I replaced the hose with a quick disconnect and
then added a coiled air hose with another quick disconnect so I can
switch from a tire chuck to a blow gun. Works great. I generally fill it
to 125 # but one time I left it hooked up to a compressor too long and
it was registering 250#. I am still here to tell about it, but I
wouldn't push my luck again.