RE: battery trickle chargers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: battery trickle chargers
From: Steven Trovato <trovato@computer.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 13:33:15 -0500
I've got a couple of DieHard Battery Charger Maintainers that seem to work
fine.  They include spring clamps as well as eye ring connectors, so you
can hook it up temporarily or semi-permanently.  Box says 1.5 amp slow
charge.  Automatically switches from full charge to float-mode
monitoring.  Charger maintains the battery when fully charged.  Resumes
continuous charging when the battery becomes discharged.  There is a switch
for 12 or 6 volt operation.  I picked them up at Sears for about $22 on
sale, I think they were about $26 or $27 regularly.  This seemed quite
reasonable to me.