RE: battery trickle chargers

To: Eric@megageek.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: battery trickle chargers
From: jmark.vanscoter@amd.com
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 17:47:37 -0600
You use ether as a starter fluid for most diesel engines. Remember watching a
mechanic spray an old International with ether until it started. Sounded better
on ether than on diesel, put out pretty white smoke too.

Can't use it with my dodge-Cummins, though. The ether would explode when it
came to the air preheater wires.

Mark V.S. in Austin, TX